With a rock-solid foundation, Jen’s devotion to learning and strong belief in growth continues. She believes that in order to be a good teacher you must be a great student, and a great student she is.
However, the one super power she doesn’t have is a “super memory” and many of the educational trainings in the early years (you know, before cell phones, the Internet and Facebook) have been wiped clear of her memory, no doubt by an evil villain trying to take over the world! What remains are just few of the incredible opportunities she has had over the years, with several more trainings and certifications already lined-up for the year.
Mentorships, Workshops and Certifications
- Trained under George & Karen Duet, K-9 Companions, 1998-2002
- AKC Canine Good Citizen & Trick Dog Evaluator since 2004
- Mentored numerous new trainers over the last 13 years and became a
- Mentor Trainer for the Animal Behavior College (2006-present)
- Showmanship Judge for Southern California 4-H Clubs (2006 - 2007)
- Cesar Millan / Linn Boyke (2006 - 2008, hosted fundraiser for Cesar & Illusion Millan Foundation 2009)
- “Advanced Dog Socialization”, “Dogmanship”, “Problem Solving” and “Group Class Instruction” with Chad Mackin (2011-2018) earning her a place as one of only 6 trainers world-wide to be granted the rights to running Official Pack to Basics™ Socializations.
- Certified in the ForceFree™ Method by Marc Goldberg (2012 & 2013)
- “The Art of Living with Your Dog” with Brother Christopher and the Monks of New Skete (2013 & 2014)
- “Learning to Lead” through Lucas-Agnew Workshops (1/2013) and again as a guest instructor sharing
- “The Essential Dog Training Business” to up-and-coming trainers (5/2013)
- Wendy Volhard’s “Healthy Dog Conference” (2015, 2016, 2017)
- Volhard Dog Nutrition Consultant (2016)
- “Relationship Based Behavior Modification” with Nelson Hodges (2016 & 2017)
- Intensive five-day certification with Kayce Cover in “SATS Perception Modification” (2016)
- “Problem Solving Skills” and “Fundamentals of Dog Training” with current IACP President Tyler Muto (1/2014, 11/2014, 11/2017)
- “Balanced to a T” with Tawni McBee (2017)
- Pet First Aid & CPCR Instructor under the highly acclaimed Denise Fleck (2017)
- K9 Nutrition seminar with author, Lew Olson; PhD in Natural Nutrition, AKC Judge, Champion Breeder (2018)
- Jen has also teamed up with Dr. John Robb at ProtectThePets.com as Admin for the California Chapter (2018)
Memberships, Associations & Awards
- Professional Member of the International Association of Canine Professionals since 2012
- International Association of Canine Professionals Certified Dog Trainer since 2016
- International Association of Canine Professionals Educational Conference (2012, 2014-2017)
- Member, Golden State Rottweiler Club
- Voted Inland Empire’s Best Dog Training since 2011!